Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Firearm Forum Question: How to Store Your Rifle Bolt

Ask A Firearms Question:
Can you tell me if there is a safe way to store my Rifle Bolt?
Thank you Karl Rostov

Typical Old White Athletic Sock ....
Typical Rifle Bolt ....


Answer:
Blog Administrator -
The least expensive and very effective method to store your Rifle Bolt is to use a clean white old athletic sock.
See my homemade video and instructions below.









Storing your Rifle Bolt:
I have found that one of the best methods is to use a man's old white athletic sock.
Follow these simple guidelines:
1) Make sure the Sock is White, the color in a sock can cause damage to the bolt.
2) Make sure the White Sock is washed and cleaned. Sweat from a dirty sock could cause rust.
3) Make sure the sock is big enough to completely hold the rifle bolt.
4) Remove the Rifle Bolt from the firearm.
5) Place the bolt in the clean sock.
6) Place the rifle in the gun case and the bolt next to the rifle, close the case.
This method is very good for Hunting ad Military Rifles especially when using a soft rifle case. Often times the rifle bolt causes a bulge in the soft style rifle case, or prevents a hard case from closing because the rifle bolt handle sticks up in the air.
When storing firearms, some people like to keep the rifle bolts stored separately from the firearms in the event of theft. A rifle isn't much good without the bolt. I know someone who stores their firearms in a Gun Safe and all their rifle bolts in a small floor safe in another part of the house.

My Homemade Video for Storing a Rifle Bolt:


Please ADD Your Comment to this Blog.

Key Search Words: How to Store Your Rifle Bolt, Care and Maintenance of the Rifle Bolt, Bolt Action Rifles, Savage, Remington, Browning, Ruger, Weatherby, Mauser, Marlin, Mossberg, Gun Cases, Protect Your Firearms, Firearm Accessories, Gun Repair, Gun Safe, Target Shooting, Gunsmith, Physics of Shooting, Gun Rights, Outdoor Shooting Range, The Firearms Guy, Twitter, Pinterest, Indoor Shooting Range, NRA, GOA, Firearms Forum, Firearms Discussion Board, Ask A Firearms Question, Q-n-A, Firearm Pictures, Cleaning Your Weapon, Safety First, Damaging Your Weapon, Gun Parts, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, USA Midway, Sportsman Warehouse, Targets, Self Defense, Weapons, The Firearms Guy, Gun Rust, Corrosion, Firearms Maintenance, Field Stripping a Weapon, Hunting, Gun Cleaning Kit, Rusted Firearms, Old Firearms, Long Distance Shooting, Snipers, USMC, Scopes, Sighting in Your Rifle, Rifle Slings, Firing Pins, Transporting Your Firearm    


To submit a Question, email it to:

Help this blog grow by joining Google Friend Connect, follow me.

Please follow me on Twitter - @firearmsqa
And on Pinterest - askafirearmsque

51 comments:

  1. Just proves what you have been saying, often times the simplest method is the best and it saves money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea certainly saves money .... !

    ReplyDelete
  3. This site makes me a certified gun happy user thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting my Firearms Forum Site (Ask A Firearms Question), please come back soon.

      Delete
  4. love ur topic here lots of informative stuff / visit now at least once per month / former twitter user but not active anymore / please continue to bring us these suggestions and topics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Topic Posts are based on submitted questions by users of this site. But thank you for your visit and comment.

      Delete
  5. kinda of interesting most ppl would hv spent money for something with a simple solution
    not signing into google, like the anonymous
    thnks charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charles for your input and comment.

      Delete
  6. just been perusing your site for the last 30 minutes lots of very distinctive approaches and informative value here

    Walker Reid

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mr. Reid,
      Thank you for visiting, please come back soon.

      Delete
  7. Great idea thank you ever so much I will immediately start using this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting indeed I shall put this idea concept to use on my 2 hunting rifles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting approach my grandfather taught me to wrap one in a soft cloth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea this saves money.

    Please don't forget, I am running for Governor of Arizona in 2014, if you are an Arizona resident please vote for me. I am not affiliated with any party and I am running an Internet Only Campaign that will require Voters in Arizona to write in my name = DigitalMan
    First thing I will do is raise the minimum wage in Arizona to $15.00 per hour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck and hope something is done if not the there will be no more middle class.

      Delete
  11. Started storing my Savage 7mm Rifle Bolt this way, thankx for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Am aware of this technique and use it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ah a sock wash nope wait just a storage foot cover
    umm better get off this post i am rambling

    ReplyDelete
  14. I recently sold all my rifles except for my AR15 and AK but this is really sound advice.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good idea I will pass this along to my son, I don't hunt anymore but he does.

    ReplyDelete
  16. If I had a bolt to store I would use your easy homemade method.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this technique well. I have observed that people just love to spend money on all kinds of gadgets when something simply and low cost works just as well, and sometimes better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I will use this on my Savage 300 Winchester Magnum - Thank you Firearms Guy.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Once again, not a rifle type of guy, I use the handgun or a good shotgun.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I dont do any long distance shooting, not practical in a city.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fuzzy Bear Says ...
    i am sure hunters will find this of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i shared this info with my brother he loves this idea

    ReplyDelete
  23. Like I said I am handgun person.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I will store this in my brain and my rifle bolts in my old socks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. sunac khan warriors no wear socks just sandals

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks I will keep this in mind when I buy my new Savage Hunting Rifle.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a related firearms comment to this post.
Thank you,
The Firearms Guy