Friday, November 14, 2014

Firearm Forum Question: Review of the FN Five-seven Semi Auto Handgun

Ask A Firearms Question:
Would love to see a post on the FN 5.7 Handgun and it's capabilities.
Thank you Comic Book Hero.

FN Five-seven (57) Model 5701 ....

From FN Website - The Five-seven (57) ....

Ammo for the FN Five-seven (57) ....

My Test Firing of the FN Five-seven (57) ....

Answer:
Blog Administrator -
The FN Five-Seven also referred to as the 57 or 5701 is a FN Belgium made semi auto handgun in 5.7x28mm caliber. Designed for NATO. The handgun has a 20-round magazine and fires a high velocity round.
I recently test fired this handgun myself, see target above. I fired 35-rounds of American Eagle 40 Grain FMJ ammo at an indoor gun range.



See the Youtube Videos below for more on this handgun.

The Downside to owning this handgun:
It is bulky, pricy, and the ammo is expensive and often hard to find.

The Upside to owning this handgun:
The firearm handles well, is accurate, easy to shoot, recoil is minimum, it has excellent penetrating power, easy to clean, and is lightweight.

Youtube Video: The FN 5.7x28mm Handgun Penetrating a Body Armory Vest ....


Youtube Video: The FN 5.7x28mm Handgun Disassembly and Reassembly ....


Please ADD Your Comment to this Blog.

Key Search Words: FN, 57x28mm, Large Bore, Center Fire, Firearms Forum, Firearms Discussion Board, Ask A Firearms Question, Q-n-A, Firearm Pictures, Test Firing, Cleaning Your Weapon, Firearm Accessories, Magazines, Gun Repair, Semi Auto Handguns, Target Shooting, Gunsmith, Physics of Shooting, Gun Rights, Outdoor Shooting Range, Twitter, Pinterest, Indoor Shooting Range, NRA, GOA, Safety First, Damaging Your Weapon, Gun Parts, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, USA Midway, Sportsman Warehouse, Defensive Weapons, Targets, Weapons, The Firearms Guy, Gun Rust, Corrosion, Firearm Maintenance, Reloading, Dillon Precision Reloading EquipmentProtect Your Firearms, Jamming, Bullet Proof Vests, Body Armor, Belgium, NATO,      

To submit a Question, email it to:

Help this blog grow by joining Google Friend Connect, follow me.

Please follow me on Twitter - @firearmsqa
And on Pinterest - askafirearmsque

Attention Firearm and Ammunition (ammo) Manufacturers, and Makers of Firearm Accessories. I am now Testing Products and issuing reviews on the Firearms Forum (Ask A Firearms Question) site.
If you want your Product TESTED, Reviewed, and Posted here, please contact me.

42 comments:

  1. I would like to thank those who took the effort to make and share their Youtube Videos with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attention Firearm and Ammunition Manufacturers, and makers of Firearm Accessories: I am now testing products and issuing reviews on the Firearms Forum (Ask A Firearms Question) site.
    If you want your product TESTED, Reviewed, and Posted here, please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic post, thank you, been thinking of getting one of these.
    Can you tell me how much they are selling for new, how much the ammo is, and is there still a waiting list to get one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am only 17 and want to buy a handgun someday. This one impresses me. Hopefully by the time I am old enough they still will allow Americans to own guns and the price on this one will have dropped. Your site is very informative, I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yowza i want me one

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Arizona race for Governor is over, the sheeple have spoken and went with the typical useless 2-party system. I offered real change but the voters rejected it. So now they can live with what they get, more of the same.

    I love this site, as a gun owner who wouldn't?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this handgun, never thought of one till I saw your post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just another fantastic posting Firearms Guy, this is why I have endorsed you as the best source of Firearms information on the Internet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. After reading this post topic I am convinced I wanted on. I am now searching around and the prices seem to be all over the place ranging from about $900.00 to $1,400.00. I did find some used ones on Gunbroker.com but I prefer to have a new never fired in the box weapon. Most of the FFLs say it would take around 4 to 6 months in my area if I ordered one. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are spot on mate in your evaluation of this fin handgun. I own one, the only complaint is the ammunition is costly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow ... wish I could afford one.

    A friend of mine wrote to you about doing Paintball Versus Airsoft, do you plan to do a Topic on this?

    ReplyDelete
  12. i live in chi town and owning a handgun is almost impossible , but i sure the hell would want of these bad ass boys .
    grovin daddy bear

    ReplyDelete
  13. now this is a really great topic subject -
    the pigeon killer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pricy but a great handgun, only if I could afford it.

    Joke - If she doesn't pass the sniff test don't enter the hot zone or your wanginstinger may fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just bought one of these, waited about 3 weeks. Ammo has come down, I paid 62 cents per round.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a decent enough weapon but if I buy another gun my wife is gonna divorce me.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oops, my husband read this article post and now he wants one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am a rancher and cowboy, so I like my 45 long colt revolvers.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I bought one of these when they first came out because I thought the government would ban them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good info here but I am a dedicated Glock user.

    Can you do a subject post on outfitting and upgrading a Glock?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am more of a Colt 1911 type of old fart ... but I hit what I aim at.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very nice handgun but I am a serious Sig owner and user.

    ReplyDelete
  23. damn wish i would have bought one of these instead of my Springfield TRP .

    ReplyDelete
  24. i noticed this didn't really catch on.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I originally ruled one of these out do to cost but I may rethink my thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I think I would prefer the Desert Eagle 50 Cal over this one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I thought about one of these about year ago and passed because of the price, I may reevaluate that decision.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I just might get one of these now the price is coming down.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Little to much gun, would be hard to carry concealed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have to support that conclusion.

      Delete
  30. now damn this is something i may be able to save up and purchase

    ReplyDelete
  31. My brother-in-law is single and buys all this type of nonsense. It is very difficult to conceal, so just have it as a nightstand grabber.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Professional model yes but suppression is necessary in my line of work.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you for your interesting and informative blog. I have enjoyed reading it and appreciate the work you have put into it. Here is some relevant information for you to review .
    Kids Tactical Vests

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, this BLOG is closed, please feel free to review all post for information purposes only, comments are no longer permitted because of SPAM
Thank you,
The Firearms Guy

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.