Friday, May 16, 2014

Firearm Forum Question: Disassemble, Reassemble, and Clean a Model 1911 Handgun

Ask A Firearms Question:
Can you provide a video on how to Disassemble, Reassemble, and Clean a Model 1911 Semi-Auto Pistol?
Thank you Impeach President Obama

Colt 1911 45 ACP ....

Springfield Armory Model 1911 45 ACP ....
The Model Colt 1911 45 ACP in Combat ....


Schematic View of the Colt Model 1911A1 ....

Answer:
Blog Administrator -
I have included some photos of the standard Model 1911 Semi Auto Handgun above. I have also included three Youtube Instructional Videos below on the care, disassembly, reassembly, and cleaning of the Model 1911 Handgun.
The Model 1911 was originally only issued in 45 acp. Some manufacturers now make it is 9mm and 40 S&W as well.



Detailed Cleaning of the Model 1911 Handgun ...


Detailed Cleaning of the Colt Model 1911 Handgun Magazines ...


Another Detailed Cleaning of the Model 1911 Handgun ...


Please ADD Your Comment to this Blog.

Key Search Words: Model 1911, 45 ACP, 45acp, Disassembly and Assembly of a Model 1911 Handgun, Cleaning the Model 1911 Handgun, Cleaning the Model 1911 Magazine, Pistol, Protect Your Firearms, Firearm Accessories, Magazines, Lone Wolf Barrels, Threaded Barrels, Silencers, Suppressors, Third Party 1911 Parts Manufacturers, Gun Repair, Semi Auto Handgun, Full Auto Handgun, 1911 Conversion Kits, Target Shooting, Gunsmith, Physics of Shooting, Gun Rights, Outdoor Shooting Range, Twitter, Pinterest, Indoor Shooting Range, NRA, GOA, Firearms Forum, Firearms Discussion Board, Ask A Firearms Question, Q-n-A, Pictures, Cleaning Your Weapon, Safety First, Damaging Your Weapon, Gun Parts, Cabelas, Bass Pro Shops, USA Midway, Sportsman Warehouse, Defensive Weapons, Targets, Self Defense, Handguns, Weapons, The Firearms Guy, Gun Rust, 9mm, 40 Caliber, 40 S&W, 22 Caliber, Youtube Video, Step by Step Instructions, Storing Your Handgun, Firearm Maintenance, Model 1911 Photos, US Military, Vietnam, NAM, Colt, Springfield Armory, WW 1, WW 2, Spanish American War, Teddy Roosevelt, US Army, USMC, Combat, Field Stripping a Weapon

To submit a Question, email it to:

Help this blog grow by joining Google Friend Connect, follow me.

Please follow me on Twitter - @firearmsqa
And on Pinterest - askafirearmsque

People who also wanted to see this as a Topic Post:
Thank you Apple Computer Forum
Thank you Charlie Clayborne
Thank you Blogging 2.0
Thank you (2) Anonymous

80 comments:

  1. Again I would like to thank those who made the Youtube Videos shown hear and are sharing their knowledge and story with everyone.

    Your COMMENTS are welcome and appreciated, please join this or any of the many other Firearm Forum Topics located on this site - Ask A Firearms Question, The Firearms Forum.
    Thank you,
    The Firearms Guy / Blog Administrator

    ReplyDelete
  2. The magazine video is simply great but as always your topic forum subjects are just simply spot on and packed with knowledge everyone can use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and please visit again soon.

      Delete
  3. Good 1 very nicely done. Had a 1911 in Nam, I will stick with my Glock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My focus must remain on selling my Tribbles throughout he known universe.
    When sub-space interference allows I capture the waves floating in space to pick up your Firearm Forum Posted Topics, which I enjoy reading during the long arduous space flights. I must find me a good green Orion woman as a companion soon or I will give way to space madness.

    My space phaser is sufficient for almost any situation but on earth to blend in I carry a handgun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 1911 is a fine weapon but I prefer the Glock.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you. Great info. I own a Colt 1911 45acp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had both a Colt and a Springfield Armory in Nam.

      Delete
  7. sunac khan say he not impressed with model 1911 prefer other choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the world was all the same it would be a very boring place.

      Delete
  8. I had a Springfield Armory Model 1911A1 45 ACP in Vietnam. Personally I prefer the Glock 45 ACP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. You are welcome, glad it was helpful, please visit again soon.

      Delete
  10. Just what I have been looking for, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for visiting come again soon.

      Delete
  11. Really a great post very well done, very helpful. Thank you.

    And, thank you for accepting my suggestion for a topic post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, it was a good suggestion, submit any others you may have.

      Delete
  12. Thank you for mentioning me, and thanks for the topic post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank u for including me and much obliged for the 'how to' videos

    ReplyDelete
  14. Appreciate the mention and the posted topic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had one of these in the Philippines. I purchased one later on in the late 60's but haven't fired my 45 acp in a long time. This post reminds me to get it out for a good cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. For large calibers, I still prefer the Glock.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will stick with my Glock 23, and Beretta 92FS.
    I carried a Colt Model 1911A1 45ACP in Vietnam.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nope, sorry I will stick with Glock.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I like my Model 1911, I don't shoot it anymore, and I have 2 Glocks which I shoot frequently.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have never owned one. So can't judge. But I really like my Glock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Glock is a very good weapon for the price.

      Delete
  21. These are very good firearms but the Glock is easier to maintain. I just recently purchased a Sig Sauer, are you planning to do something similar on the Sig handgun?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes on the Sig and I agree with your assessment on which is easier to clean.

      Delete
  22. Don't own one, don't care to.
    I like my Glock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each person has their own preferences.

      Delete
  23. This firearm is dependable but the Glock is easier to field strip if needed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Actually just recently bought a Ruger SR22 and I carry that, I love it. How about a How To Do on the SR22?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can do look for a topic coming soon.

      Delete
  25. Nah not for me I like the Browning Hi-Power and my Glock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are good firearms, I also own both myself.

      Delete
  26. I had one of these in Vietnam, Laos, and the Philippines. The Model 1911A1 45 acp is okay but field stripping it is a PIA. I now use a Glock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree from my assessment in Nam as well.

      Delete
  27. My buddy has one of these, his is about 5 years old, a Colt. It shoots quite well, I like it, but still prefer my Glock.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Sold my old Colt Model 11 many years ago. I think they are too damn hard to clean and maintain.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have no interest in this firearm but I know it is quite popular.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Alice I gotta get me one of these and put it under the bus seat.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Like so many have said I prefer the Glock.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Firearms are like cars, everyone has their likes and dislikes.

      Delete
    2. i totally agree , mr firearms guy .

      Delete
  32. Replies
    1. It had it's purpose when it came about and changed military history.

      Delete
  33. I have one of the old 1911A1 Colts from post Vietnam era. This is a very good topic posting and is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry the 911 is not for me.

    Close the damn borders, forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's like a car you either like it to you don't.

      Delete
  35. Have owned both the Colt and the Armory versions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used both versions in Nam and other places of conflict.

      Delete
  36. Sorry no interest in this firearms I am a dedicated Glock owner.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Cat eradication requires something with less noise like a good 22 caliber pistol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes with subsonic ammo or a silencer or both.

      Delete
  38. Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your comment it is greatly appreciated.

      Delete
  39. Replies
    1. Now that is advice everyone should heed to.

      Delete
  40. I just went to the Indoor Gun Club and fired the Springfield Model 1911 Range Master 45 acp, very accurate, a great gun.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great job, well done, I own one of these. My carry weapon and they are a superb handgun.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a related firearms comment to this post.
Thank you,
The Firearms Guy